Monday, May 26, 2008

The Boat...



I finally purchased my boat. I found it on Craigslist.com. I highly suggest checking out your local craigslist listings to find good deals on small boats like this jon boat. 

The boat is in great shape. It is a 14' Grumman jon boat. It has a modified-v front and is 36" wide on the bottom. It came with a fish finder, 40# thrust transom mount trolling motor, trailer (in good shape), and a battery. I paid $950 for everything. 

I've asked questions on different message boards about the price and many people tell me stories of how they purchased their 14' boat with all the extras for ridiculously small amounts like $350. To me, that's just a great deal that you can't expect to find. I doubt that these other boats were in the type of condition mine is in either. If you can find an outstanding deal like that, then definitely jump on it. Just make sure you're not "getting what you paid for" if you pay such a low price. Overall, this package would cost upwards of $2000 brand new.

Now begins the process of converting this aluminum hull into a real bass boat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A question...I have the identical boat but my spec plate is worn off. Could you tell me what HP motor is recommended and the occupant weight limits on this boat? Thanks!

Jesse Adams said...

What happened to the boat?